We administer safe, non-surgical Botox treatments at our Harley Street clinic, helping our clients with facial rejuvenation and gummy smile treatments. Our clinic is your ideal choice for natural-looking facial enhancements, helping you improve your appearance subtly. The MD Aesthetic clinic doctor administers all treatments; your health and wellbeing are always put first.
Botox is most often used for facial rejuvenation, helping to smooth away lines and wrinkles to reduce their appearance. This gives you a more youthful appearance and can give you new-found confidence – people often find that the main difference isn’t in the way they look, but in their mindset.
We focus on natural aesthetic enhancements, making small changes that can have a big impact on the way you feel about your appearance, so don’t worry about looking frozen.
Upper lip lines
BOTOX FOR GUMMY SMILE TREATMENT
A gummy smile is a smile where 4mm of gum or more is visible when you smile. Botox can be used to reduce this – it is administered between the top lip and the nose, so the key muscles used to control the lip are no longer hyperactive. The lip won’t be drawn up as high, so your gums won’t get in the way of your beautiful new smile.
- Less gum visibility when you smile
- A fuller appearance in your top lip – it isn’t drawn back as far
- A more relaxed, attractive smile that you aren’t afraid to show off
DECIDING ON YOUR TREATMENT
You will have a thorough consultation with your doctor before undergoing any treatment. This allows you to decide whether the treatment is right for you with the advice of a medical professional. Our medical professionals are here to ensure you make the right decision for you; we will only go ahead with a treatment if we believe it is in your best interest.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT DURING MY APPOINTMENT?
Your doctor will administer Botox injection in the treatment area, which only takes a few minutes, and the doctor will talk you through what they are doing, making sure you are at ease. We will always administer a conservative amount of Botox initially, as everyone’s muscles react differently and everyone wants to achieve something different. When describing the process to clients, we compare it to putting sugar in your tea – you can always put more in but you can’t take it out, so it’s best to do it gradually.
This is what will happen when you make an appointment with us:
- We will carry out a full consultation and take your medical history. This is our opportunity to make sure the treatment is suitable, and your opportunity to tell us about what you would like to achieve with your appearance. We will talk to you about all options and make sure you are completely comfortable before going ahead.
- Your doctor will administer Botox injections across your forehead, around your eyes or in your upper lip area. The treatment will only take a few minutes and your doctor will talk you through what they are doing, making sure you are at ease. Most patients only report mild and temporary discomfort – the needle used is very fine.
- You will be offered a follow-up appointment with your doctor. It can take up to 14 days for the results to be fully visible, so this will give you the chance to discuss them in full and decide whether you have achieved the right look for you.
BEFORE AND AFTER
What difference can our aesthetic treatments make to you? See for yourself in our gallery of before and after photographs.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER MY TREATMENT?
There are very few, very minimal after effects and many of our clients go straight back to work following their treatment.
You may experience:
- Some swelling, lasting around 48 hours
- Some minimal bruising
Avoid the following for the first 24-48 hours:
- Strenuous exercise
- Hot baths or showers
- Using a spa or sauna
- Drinking alcohol
We also recommend:
- Allowing a week before flying as this could prolong swelling and increase the chance of infection
- Not having this treatment within two weeks of a special event, so that any bruising can heal fully
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST?
Botox will usually need to be re-administered on average every 3-4 months for the first year. Once the results start to wear off please contact the clinic if you would like to book another appointment. If you have any concerns at all before this, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our team.
HOW DOES BOTOX WORK?
Botox works by blocking impulses from nerves to small groups of facial muscles. These muscles relax, which makes the skin on top look smoother. Botox is injected into specific muscles, so no other muscles are affected, meaning you can still change your facial expressions but there will be less frowning and fewer wrinkles. It isn’t a permanent treatment and the effects on your muscles will wear off after a few months, which is when Botox needs to be re-administered.
Please note that there is a £50 deposit for any consultation.
This will be redeemable against the price of your treatment on the day.